Brilliant Sky On Way Home

Wednesday, August 24, 2016


After I had decided to head for home following my storm spotting drive to Delaware County, Iowa on Thursday evening, August 18, 2016, I was compelled to stop several times while southbound on Highway 13. As I distanced myself from the approaching line of storms to the northwest, the setting sun broke out from behind the clouds in spectacular fashion. In the image above, a panorama captured at 7:44 pm, the setting sun begins to emerge from the clouds as seen from 325th Street, about 2 miles south of Ryan, Iowa.


7:46 pm. Once clear of the obstructing clouds, the sun created a fiery red sky. A segment of the approaching line of storms can be seen on the horizon at far right. Nikon D7200 DSLR camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP