Ten Years of Sky & Weather Photography

Monday, June 29, 2020

Today marks a decade of my Sky & Weather Photography website postings. Above is my first effort, posted on June 29, 2010. My wife and I had been dining at a local Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant on June 18 of that year. While there, a thunderstorm with frequent and intense CG lightning was occurring. So much so that we had to delay our departure for home until the danger subsided. Upon reaching home, the storm was passing and a brief window of sun along the horizon opened up, producing a breathtaking beacon of sunbeams. This caused me to scramble for my camera to capture it.

As a severe weather spotter and photographer, it was at that time I got the idea to post my work online via Blogger.com, and Sky & Weather was born. For much of the first few months I assembled past photos I had taken pertaining to the sky or the weather and posted them--as sort of a backlog inventory. Also needed was a profile and visual header bar for my website, which I readily created.


An early header for my website, with past and present camera images having been used included.

The first few years of my website featured a single image with limited description. Now, ten years and 1,174 postings later, multiple images with maps, charts and graphs and descriptive detail included are the norm. Photographic enhancements for all images in post processing are scrubbed through Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Terrestrial locations for images are researched in Google Earth, sky locations in Starry Night Pro.


With the future firmly in my camera lens, I look forward to continuing this website and capturing the sky and weather opportunities I love so much that are still waiting out there. Here's to the next ten years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP