More March 28 Severe Weather Images

Friday, April 3, 2020


This post contains three GoPro Hero Silver video camera frame stills and additional radar imagery.
Above, a line of tornado-warned storms loom in the distance while I was northbound (NW) on Interstate 380 north of Urbana, Iowa in Benton County at 5:50 pm CDT, Saturday, March 28, 2020.


6:08 pm. Northbound (NW) on I-380 in southeastern Black Hawk County. Tornado-warned cell to my north (right), with feeding inflow cloud.


6:14 pm. Stopped on I-380 shoulder at Mile Marker 60 in southern Black Hawk County. Possibly inside RFD or back edge tornado circulation as it moved NNE.


Direct Weather (DW) radar velocity image for 6:14 pm CDT, with my stationary position indicated by the target icon.


DW radar reflectivity image for 6:15 pm, with my position remaining stationary.


Storm cell montage in the state of Iowa, showing the procession of tornadic storms on March 28.
A= 2:25 pm, B= 4:15pm, C= 5:15 pm, D= 6:55 pm. NOAA Nexrad Radar Data images.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP