Another Sun Test

Friday, August 18, 2017



Although weather forecasts for the upcoming total solar eclipse on Monday are not at all favorable for the whole of the Midwest, I conducted another solar filter test on Friday afternoon, August 18, 2017. For this test I used my old Celestron 94168 F60 (EQ) mylar solar filter, intended for use on a 60mm refractor telescope. The settings for my Nikon D7200 DSLR camera were: 1/1600 shutter speed at f/9, ISO 640 and 300mm focal length. I simply placed the solar filter over the lens by hand and searched for the sun's disk. The left image shows the suns with clouds, while the right image is unobstructed. Note the three sunspots at left center of each disk. Sun images actually look blueish with this filter, but I warmed their "temperature" in Lightroom to create the image above. This was a handheld exposure test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP