As The Moore, Oklahoma Tragedy Unfolded

Wednesday, May 22, 2013


Watching in utter amazement as another violent tornado entered the unfortunate town of Moore, Oklahoma live from my TV set on Monday afternoon, May 20, 2013, I was compelled to capture images from the screen from my camera as the tragic event unfolded. The upper left image shows the twister as it was approaching the city. The last two images at lower right show the tornado as it went from a strong cone shape to an ultra-thin rope in just two minutes. I was watching the coverage on The Weather Channel from my home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The tornado, which killed 24 people and may have been two miles wide at one point, was rated an EF5. Moore was also devastated by an F5 tornado on May 3, 1999 and hit again by an F4 tornado on May 8, 2003.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP