Long Tall Self Portrait

Monday, September 17, 2012



With a clear night sky facing west as a backdrop, this 3-second exposure at f/3.5, 1000 ISO and 18mm focal length is my shadow lengthened by parking lot lights at Christ Community United Methodist Church in Marion, Iowa. The time was just before 10:00 PM, Tuesday, September 4, 2012. I had just finished photographing a distant isolated storm cell in the north sky and was preparing to get back in my car when this opportunity presented itself. Also seen is the shadow of a leg of my camera's tripod at center and the shadow of my vehicle at right. I am holding a shutter remote switch in my left hand to allow for the "both hands up" appearance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP