Stormy Weather Ahead

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I had intended to set up a storm spotting position at Noelridge Christian Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on the evening of April 6, 2010 after storms began brewing to the northwest. But as I turned my vehicle north on C Avenue NE just a couple of blocks from the church, conditions ahead of me at once became a lot more promising. This view, just a block up from Noelridge Church, shows the churning sky in the distance. My mini-chase ended about a mile north of this spot as I finally stopped to watch an unusual low hanging scud cloud, mistaken by many in the area as a funnel cloud and prompting sirens to sound, drift by me. This photo was taken at 7:15 PM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP